Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 8/24/2014 7:05:03 PM EDT
So im on this website.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/arrows.html

Just getting back into bowshooting/hunting after about 20 + years away from it..so you cant just buy a complete arrow anymore? Looking at buying a recurve bow and some target and hunting arrows. When did something as simple and primitive as bows get so complicated?

so i need some guidance before going to a store and just having a saleman try and sell me something i dont need.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Lancaster is a nice store but, their prices are pretty high compared to other places.
I would first visit a local shop if you have one and try out as much as you can.... dont buy anything, just try out set-ups.
Archerytalk.com is a great resource as well for research.  
I worked in the Archery Industry for a few years and know that many things change year to year let alone in 20 years.
Even craigslist ads might pan out for you.... If you were a lefty, I got a lefty take-down recurve setup I am selling myself.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
ah thanks,,im righty.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
For a recurve I would go with good old aluminum shafts. Check the Easton spine chart to select the right size (I would go with a medium/heavy wall thickness for durability) and fletch with feathers. Wood is the traditional way to go but unless you learn how to straighten them they can be a pain plus durability isn't good. Carbon is also possible but to me the "feel" was off which is important for instinctive shooting. If you can find a good archery store that would be the best option but they can be hard to find.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out "Threeriversarchery.com". They were very helpful for me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have found Eder's Archery to be cheaper and they offer a discount program (if you qualify, LEO, Mil, Frist Responders).
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:21:12 AM EDT
[#6]
you can also check-
http://www.custom-arrows.com/
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]
At Lancaster-

Go to the heading Arrows

Look in the Youth / Beginners section
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top