Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 5/4/2014 9:39:40 PM EDT
I am just getting back into archery after being out for 20 plus years. I grew up shooting a 45# recurve and have never liked the sudden letoff of a wheel bow on draw.

I found a used Areoforce that looks in good shape that seems to be a good deal. Anyone shot these, any major drawbacks.

The only thing I will be hunting with it are targets
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a little late, I rarely visit the forum and it appears nobody has cared to answer so I'll give it a try.

Several years ago I bought an Onieda, I had never even held one before but I wanted one for bowfishing.  I didn't want to swap stuff from my hunting a bow, a PSE Mach 10, to set it up for bow fishing so a dedicated bow fishing rig seemed like the best choice.  I had already tried different recurves but the Onieda was regarded as the cream of the crop for bow fishing because of light smooth draw and the ability to shoot from any point in the draw.  I will tell you that I loved it.  If I hadn't already had so much money invested in my hunting rig I may have used it for hunting.  They loved by pretty much everyone who has used them but there are far few of them used compared to the common compounds.  If you like how it feels go for it....I'm regretting that I sold mine.  I'll get another one of these days, they are different but consider them a hybrid between a recurve and a compound.  After talking about it I really want another!
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top