Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 4/5/2014 12:20:19 AM EDT
Today my bow exploded on me. I took it to the archery shop & they said it needs a new cam. Everything else is good. However bowtech does not made the parts for my model any longer.

It is a Diamond Iceman 09 Left handed model by bowtech. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new cam for this bow. Are there any online shops that sell bow parts for older model bow's.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I cannot afford a new bow & would like to get this one fixed if all possible. Thank you.

edit: If there is a universal cam or something I could purchase to place on it that will function I am highly interested. Any help please. The bow is still great but the cam is shot. Nothing else wrong, except maybe the string but that seems like an easy fix.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I know some guys put different model cams on their bows. Maybe there is a new model cam that bow-tech still makes that will work. Archery talk may be a better place to ask. Also, I feel you I have blown up three bows and nothing sucks worse then being out your bow and a bunch of cash to fix it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know some guys put different model cams on their bows. Maybe there is a new model cam that bow-tech still makes that will work. Archery talk may be a better place to ask. Also, I feel you I have blown up three bows and nothing sucks worse then being out your bow and a bunch of cash to fix it.
View Quote

+1 on Archerytalk.  Post question there.  Might find a dealer with the right part in the bin.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the warranty like on your bow?  I had a cam issue on my Martin bow a number of years after buying it.  My bow blew up on me since the cam had a defect and cut the cable in the bow right where the cam ended.  Martin didn't make that cam anymore and replaced the limbs as a precaution and put two new style cames on there.  They also put new cables, and a new string on and transferred all my nocking points, peep sight, etc as a courtesy.

Sometimes bow manufacturers stand behind their product and fix it, even if they need to replace your entire bow.  Have you already called them and asked what your options are?

I would rather have the factory swap out the cams for you with ones they have tested then using generic ones that through off the harmonics and accuracy of your bow.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Call Bowtech first and see what they say, they may have some parts or otherwise repair/replace the bow.

If not, find out who the Bowtech/Diamond dealer are in the area and call around. A discontinued LH cam isn't going to be the easiest thing to find but I know when I worked at an archery shop we had various cams and parts left around from older bows.

Edit: what do you mean by "exploded"?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:45:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, are these made by Glock?
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top