Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 3/28/2014 11:55:20 AM EDT
I was given a Nirk Archery recurve bow.  The upper limb is marked Pioneer (assuming that is the model name).  The lower riser is marked F897 31# 60".  The bow looks brand new.  I am wanting to get a string and arrows for it but have no clue about traditional bows.  My only bow is an Oneida Screaming Eagle that I use for hunting.  I could not find anything on this Nirk bow online either.  Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#1]
pics would help, also your string would be 60 inches.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information on the string.  Is there a certain "one" to get, or just any that are 60"?  Here are a few pictures.  The best I could do with my phone, the wife is the photographer

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

pics would help, also your string would be 60 inches.
View Quote
You are going to want a string around 4" shorter, some bows do well with one 3" shorter. I have never heard of that company so I don't know what brace height you should aim for. ie a 60" marked bow would use a 56" string. For example my Grizzly is marked 58" and I went with a 54" string and I still had to do some twisting to get it right, but they are well known to like a lot of brace height - it gets very unhappy below 8" and some run best even at 8.5"

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 3:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like it was designed and built in the mid 70's, maybe early 80's. it's a 31 lb draw weight with a 60" string. I believe the F897 is the style they produced. I shot against folks that had the same bows when I was in JOAD (Many moons ago)
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top