Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Archery » Bows
Posted: 2/3/2014 9:20:08 AM EDT
Last week I went to the local pro-shop to try my hand at a Hoyt Charger, but instead I ended up shooting a Knight.  I really liked the way it shot (My present bow is a Martin Fury)! For those that own one could you please let me know what you think about it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I love mine. Shoots beautifully. Has a Trophy Ridge React, Octane Dead Lock Pro quiver, Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit, and a B-Stinger stabilizer. Haven't taken it hunting yet but I'm in love with it so far. If you like how it shoots, I'd say get it. I paid $549 for the bare bow back in December. I wouldn't pay more than that though.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
This is just what I've heard from the pro shop while I was purchasing my Insanity.

It is light (feels like a toy light) light means it can possibly harder to control especially if windy.

They said they did notice a little more vibration than others.

If I trekked more than a few miles, I'd look into it a little more. But most newer bows are pretty light as it is compared to my old PSE Polaris.

I'm sure it is built well too
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Im still not sure on what to do, but thanks for the feedback guys.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have much to add and probably won't help much, but here it goes. I'm currently shooting a Hoyt Charger. It's a '13 model with the fuse package. It shoots great, I really REALLY like my bow. Quiet, draws smooth and decent speed. All that being said, I have a Carbon Spyder Turbo on order now. I shot it and it's smoother and more quiet than any bow I've ever shot. Plus it's a rocket. However, I've never shot a Bowtech Knight, I can't comment on it. The Charger however is tough to beat in it's price class, I would recommend a Charger to anyone that's thinking about one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have much to add and probably won't help much, but here it goes. I'm currently shooting a Hoyt Charger. It's a '13 model with the fuse package. It shoots great, I really REALLY like my bow. Quiet, draws smooth and decent speed. All that being said, I have a Carbon Spyder Turbo on order now. I shot it and it's smoother and more quiet than any bow I've ever shot. Plus it's a rocket. However, I've never shot a Bowtech Knight, I can't comment on it. The Charger however is tough to beat in it's price class, I would recommend a Charger to anyone that's thinking about one.
View Quote

I went last week to a different bow shop who carried both the knight and the charger. Itried both bows out and it was a night and day difference. Hands down the charger to me was better shooting bow.

arthad13 what arrow weigh are you shooting and do you know your fps?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting to hear that the Charger was that much nicer to shoot. I haven't had much play time with any Bowtechs, but I'm curious about them.

I've never had the crono on my bow so I don't know. As far a arrows, I'm shooting Easton Bloodlines, 400 spine and 7.7GPI, with a 100 grain field point or 100 grain broad head, but I don't know the final weight of the arrow. I seem to shoot these arrows best.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The first time I went and just shot the Carbon Knight it was set at 60lbs. and the draw cycle wasn't to bad.  The next time I went and shot both (Knight and Charger) they were set at 70lbs and wow there was a big difference.  The Charger's Draw was much smoother and when holding at the back wall it seemed like it took less effort.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Oddly enough I went into my bow shop yesterday thinking I was going to buy a Carbon knight after sleeping on it since I shot it last weekend.
I had tried 5 or 6 bows last weekend and found that the Carbon knight was quieter, lighter, and less vibration than the others I had shot, and was sold.
When I went back in yesterday, the salesman I had been working with unwrapped a new one for me, and asked if I wanted to do another comparison session, or if there was anything else I'd like to try out.
We pulled out the Mathews Creed again, the Bowtech RPM 360, a Mathews Heli-M, and then I realized I never shot the Mathew Monster Chill, so I had him throw a rest on that as well.

After weeding out the Heli-m, RPM360, and the Creed, I was left with the chill and the Carbon knight.

Shooting them back to back was night and day.  While the CK was lighter, it was also louder but a fair margin. Louder than the one I shot last weekend as well oddly enough...The previous bow was really quiet, and I had made note of that as a major selling point. THEY AREN'T ALL THE SAME try a few.

Also When shooting the carbon knight instead of rocking forward after the shot, it tries to rock backward. Now, I didn't have a sight or front stabilizer hanging off of it either, but it was just oddly balanced.

It is however freakishly light, at 3.2lbs it's the lightest premium bow out there, and it looks good doing it.

in the end, I decided on the Mathews Monster Chill, way quieter (than that particular CK), no vibration, the draw is smooth as silk not typical for a twin cam.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I haven't shot many Bowtechs and even fewer Mathews. My local shop works really close with Hoyt so I shot Hoyt. However, even if I wasn't a Hoyt FanBoy, I highly recommend shooting the Hoyts with the Z5 cams. I took 3 shots with the Carbon Spyder Turbo and couldn't live without it.
Page Archery » Bows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top