BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2012 12:37:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IIRC]
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 2:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By IIRC:

Lets see some pics and descriptions of what you've made.

ETA:  I'll add some pics later..

Ed first!  I'm thinking of building a bow stand like his.

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:58:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IIRC] [#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Please excuse my crappy cell phone pic and cluttered basement.

I made a couple bow presses for myself.  Only thing I outsourced was powdercoating.  From raw steel to CNC'ing the fingers, I made them in my shop.  Fun project

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/IIRC/IMG-20120120-00361.jpg

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l369/IIRC/IMG-20120120-00360.jpg
How much?

Link Posted: 2/2/2012 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I need to make one of those
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I made a couple bow presses for myself.  Only thing I outsourced was powdercoating.  From raw steel to CNC'ing the fingers, I made them in my shop.  Fun project.
View Quote
Year ago I built a knock off EZ Press and a knock off X Press.  I've pressed hundreds of bows on the X Press, but since I'm so much more used to it, I only use the EZ Press on super short limbed bows.  I moved to a different house and I had to remanufacture my press stand.  If I can get it done this weekend, I'll take a few pics.  Neither of mine are anywhere as purty as the OP's though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2019 8:12:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckshot4U] [#8]
My old bow press setup that I've used for 10 or 15 years:
Attachment Attached File

My new archery service area is smaller than my old one, so I needed to make my bow press stand a little more compact:
Attachment Attached File

ETA: I kinda jacked up my first try at the braces, so they're a little more refined in the next pics.

The new stand used an old steel table frame that I had laying around.  In the end, I 'm not sure that I gained that much in the smaller footprint department, but now my presses are on a cart with wheels, so I can at least easily roll it up against a wall.  I also freed up a good, heavy set of sawhorses.  Finished product:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top