Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2017 6:36:22 PM EDT
I am newbie to AR15.com.  But I have been a staff shooter for Parker Bows for the past four years. I also was a pro staffer for Athens Archery. If any needs advise or help with cross bows or compound bows I am here to help.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:11:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Koa] [#1]
Originally Posted By kkozuhowski:
I am newbie to AR15.com.  But I have been a staff shooter for Parker Bows for the past four years. I also was a pro staffer for Athens Archery. If any needs advise or help with cross bows or compound bows I am here to help.
View Quote

Ok. Can hunting tips be used on a crossbow? I'm new to them. I'm looking at the three blade ones. I'm guessing they need to be lined up with the odd colored fletch?

Edited to add: This is a serious question. No response in two weeks, guess your not really here to help?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll bite!

Is there much to screw up when replacing cables and strings on a crossbow? I have a Tenpoint Venom that would be on it's fourth season this year and I want to replace the cables and strings. I'm afraid the only place that has a bow press near me is Dick's and I'm wondering just how much trouble I'm in! Seems the strings and cables for that model are all pre-wound so one would hope it's not terribly difficult.

Thanks!
-Stooxie
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]
From what my limited experience suggests, the strings should be ready to go.  The installation is where the difficulty lies.  Most archery pro shops have a vise that hold the crossbow and compress the arms to fit the string without damage to you or your equipment.  Play it safe, let a pro re-string your crossbow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top