Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2016 8:20:47 PM EDT
If you get a bolt with a flat nock, can you later replace it with a half-moon nock, or vice-versa?

Or does that depend on the manufacturer?

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess that the answer is "yes".

Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:50:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FS7] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By targetworks:
I guess that the answer is "yes".

View Quote

Yes. You should be able to use an arrow puller to remove the nock. All the ones I've ever seen are simply pushed in.

Carbon Express bolts come with both flat nocks and moon nocks.

ETA: Just realized you said aluminum. I don't know if that changes things. I don't see why it would though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks...

I had ordered bolts with flat nocks, realized my error, and cancelled the order. That vendor did not have those bolts with the other style nocks, but I found the ones that I needed on Amazon and ordered those.

I did see some YouTube videos on the subject, and did not realize prior to that that the bolts were hollow all the way through the shaft (I'm new to archery, obviously).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top