Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2015 6:02:47 PM EDT
Howdy, Newb to xbows here, I live in a special hunt zone (archery only) and can probably take all the deer I want to mess with from my back deck.  Trouble is I don't have a bow or a crossbow.  

I am 55 and have had a couple of back surgeries.  I used to shoot a bow when I was younger, but haven't shot one in years and I'm not sure my backl would tolerate much of it anyway.  Luckily crossbows are legal here in Arkansas without any disability permits or any of that.  So a crossbow seems the way to go for me.

I want to get a quality crossbow, and am willing to spend a few extra $$ to get something that will last.  My priorities are:

- Easy to cock, remember my bad back
- I'd like to get a complete package as opposed to piecemealing everything
- Decent optic
- Quality construction
- Low maintenance
- Accurate and powerful enough for short range deer, 25 yard shots would be a long shot in the woods here

- I don't really care about weight, as I won't be carrying it around
- bolts that shoot to the same point of impact with practice points and broadheads, if this is possible?
- I'd also like a target that I can practice with and not damage the bolts

- Which online vendors are the best for this stuff?

Any suggestions y'all have would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#1]

these are awesome.  They have ACUdraw available.. its a draw assist device.  These xbows are so accurate you can shoot half dollar sized groups at 40 yards.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#2]
After deciding I wasn't going to get a crossbow, I was in a pawn shop and found a $700+ crossbow for under $300.  Now I own a Mission MXB320.  The thing is like brand new, the only downside is that I didn't get a cocking rope or any bolts.  So I'm educating myself on crossbows, targets, accessories, etc.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Mission crossbows are a good bow for the money. If you are unable or it is too much to be cocking it on a regular basis the suggestion for a ten point with accu-draw is a good choice. If funds are unlimited a Scorpyd with accu-draw is the best there is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top