Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2013 6:34:03 AM EDT
Last weekend, Mrgunsngear and I hosted a YouTube meet-n-greet for our viewers where we brought a bunch of our fun stuff for people to shoot. I brought my brand new vertical crossbow from Hickory Creek, and I made a quick video showing people's reactions after shooting it for the first time.

As I say in the video, this is at a gun range, so you will hear gunfire in the background.  It also means that the people shooting know how to shoot even though they are new to crossbows.  Other than that, it was really fun to see the big smiles on people's faces after they pulled the trigger.

I put this video together because this bow leaves a lot of people scratching their heads just looking at it.  It is indeed one of those products that you might have to try in order to fully understand the benefit.  I will be putting together another video fully detailing the bow and its features soon, but this is a good preview of the bow in action.

Link Posted: 10/11/2013 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll take my Excalibur Matrix 355 any day over that contraption!
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 5:40:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GlockFace:
I'll take my Excalibur Matrix 355 any day over that contraption!
View Quote

Spoken like a true Excalibur fan.  Excals are great bows.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
That is very cool! It was pretty quiet too which was impressive. How is the balance compared to a traditional crossbow? I have been looking at reverse limb bows for the balance and they tend to be more compact.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
at 406.. That womans earring was wayyyyyy to close to that string
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#6]
So more like a regular compound bow, with a rail / channel for the bolt and rear handle / trigger.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:21:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MaxxII] [#7]
Love your videos T-n-B....

I'm tagging to watch later. Gotta run errands now.

ETA - After watching the video, that is pretty cool! I dont know anything about crossbows, and I've never fired one. I can see how the vertical orientation would allow more room in a tree stand.

Missouri just legalized Crossbows for archery season.....so now if I can get a place to hunt, I could see moving towards a crossbow.

What's the price point on this crossbow? How does it compare, (price wise) to a standard type crossbow?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting concept, but that looks like it's gonna tear up some arms or faces.  If people can't use a standard crossbow without catching thumbs, I can't see this lasting long before some lawsuits. What's the oal?  

I can't really see the advantage to this style bow.  Can it be used with a rest, such as the shooting rail on a tree stand?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:34:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#9]
Neat, but I guess I'm missing the point, besides just being different.

You can't shoot it off of a rest easily, such as from a treestand, the ergos are weird and off-balance, and a heck of a lot more dangerous, etc.

Compact, parallel limbs are the way to go.  Reverse limb if you want it as short as possible.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top