Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2013 10:27:22 AM EDT
I just bought a crossbow and it comes with three bolts and field heads. What are good deer hunting heads and I also need some suggestions on other accessories that
I might not know I need like a case, target, heads, and maybe something cool I don't even know about. I have never been archery hunting so assume I know nothing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have found www.crossbownation.com is an excellent resource for your questions.

As a newbie myself I do not have a wealth of experience from which to draw but...

This year I will be using Rage and Toxic broadheads

I purchased a case from game plan gear called the xbolt

I have hurricane bag target for field points and a rinehart rhinoblock target for broadheads

My only advice would be to wax and lube your strings, cables, and flight rail per the manufacturers recommendations often.

Good Luck!

CN
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#2]
String wax, rail lube, a crossbow unloading bolt, a quiver if you don't have one, some broadheads that meet minimum standards for your state, broadhead wrench, and maybe some bow silencing things.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#3]
You should of stopped by excaliburcrossbow.com before buying anything!
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the replies and excaliburcrossbows.com didn't have anything I wanted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top