Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2012 2:12:48 PM EDT
The Axiom has the weird plastic barrel/riser and looks strange but...
-the package is really inexpensive
-every one online raves about the accuracy
-305 feet per second isn't much slower, percentage wise, than the "fast Xbows"

Sounds good for deer in WI.  What am I missing?
Link Posted: 9/10/2012 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t have an Axiom but I love my Excalibur crossbow.  As you said, 305 FPS is more than enough for deer.  I wouldn’t hesitate getting the Axiom.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 7:04:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 6:13:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BDA] [#3]
My vortex while slow on paper blows 150 field tipped fire bolts thru foam targets like nobody's business. Puts my onieda bow to shame on accuracy & lethality... no comparrison on the energy delivered on targer. Mine is rated at 330 with the flemish string. subtract about 15 fps for using the normal string (still plenty powerful)

Me? I think the ruggedness of a recurve (less to go wrong), ease of maintenance... accuracy & power... all make the excals the best.

What good is 400 fps when your bolt blows thru a deer at 20+ yards with enough energy to burry itself into the ground?

Check out some of the youtube vids... excal crossbows are everything you need, and a little more besides.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By nyeoj:
The Axiom has the weird plastic barrel/riser and looks strange but...
-the package is really inexpensive
-every one online raves about the accuracy
-305 feet per second isn't much slower, percentage wise, than the "fast Xbows"

Sounds good for deer in WI.  What am I missing?

Talk you out of it?
Ok, don't get an Axiom because it has a plastic rail. Get a phoenix or vixen or one of the heavier draw weight bows; all of which have an aluminum rail. I  personally have a Vortex 200lb draw weight and I love it. If you only intend to hunt whitetails, you will be served well with an Axiom or any of the lighter draw bows and they aren't nearly as hard on your string serving. I've never heard of problems with the plastic rails but I personally prefer the aluminum ones. I second checking out the Excalibur crossbow forum, great people over there...
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a used Exomax.  I fricken love this thing!  You should be well served with the Axiom for deer.
Link Posted: 12/1/2012 3:46:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PAPPYO] [#6]
they are good xbows, simple to maintain. mine are all pretty old and still get it done. I have 225, EMax,200 EMag,175 Exocet, 150 Vixen II.

I shoot the little vixen a bunch. kinda slo but anything 20 yards and closer is toast!

200 lb. EMag this year

Link Posted: 12/1/2012 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]
this is the old 200 EMag. 10-11 years old now. it still wack's them. just pop the string off and re-serve it, pitch it after 4-5 re-serves.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top