Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2012 10:11:34 PM EDT
Took the plunge today!  Barnett Penetrator CrossBow.  350 FPS.  Quiet, Fast, Should serve a s a good stealth weapon.

Bought my first crossbow. I have had an itch to get back into archery for a while and didn't want to mess with having to set a traditional bow up.  Anybody have any advice on setup, and sighting in?
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Very nice!  I have a jackal with an Aimpoint ML2 on it I like very much in that setup.

My only advice is, keep the thumbs below the deck!
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By _DR:

Very nice!  I have a jackal with an Aimpoint ML2 on it I like very much in that setup.

Never thought of that.  Sounds like good advice.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 6:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#3]
Originally Posted By higgimw:

Only if you want to keep your thumb.

(this is not my thumb, but this is what it can do if you leave your thumb sticking up above the flight deck))

Tried my first crossbow about 4 years ago, this is what it did to my thumb. So, if crossbow hunting is in your future, keep your thumb down.
Cut the end off except for one small section. Doc sewed it back on in 45 minutes, and it grew back. Was afraid we were going to lose the thumb tip for a few days

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=641053

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a barnett last year and love it. It was close to sighted when I bought it, a couple of shots and it was dead on. I ended up taking 2 deer with it so I am looking forward to this season. My only advice is get a good hard case for it. Make sure it is tall enough for the scope to clear.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By higgimw:

Only if you want to keep your thumb.

(this is not my thumb, but this is what it can do if you leave your thumb sticking up above the flight deck))

http://i49.tinypic.com/x5v1jb.jpg
Tried my first crossbow about 4 years ago, this is what it did to my thumb. So, if crossbow hunting is in your future, keep your thumb down.
Cut the end off except for one small section. Doc sewed it back on in 45 minutes, and it grew back. Was afraid we were going to lose the thumb tip for a few days

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=641053

Holy crap... that is UGLY.  Info assimiliated!!!!  Thanks for the graphic pic sir...........
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 3:24:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: higgimw] [#6]
Originally Posted By dBmV:
I bought a barnett last year and love it. It was close to sighted when I bought it, a couple of shots and it was dead on. I ended up taking 2 deer with it so I am looking forward to this season. My only advice is get a good hard case for it. Make sure it is tall enough for the scope to clear.

Cool man!  I can't wait to get out and hunt with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top