Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2016 7:45:46 AM EDT
Well this might be my first year getting into the woods to do some hunting. Mainly because we just bought a house out in the country with 19 acres and surround by corn and soy fields and before i lived in the subs with no where to go. I have had my bow fer 7 years now and havent really been practicing as much as i did the first few years. So i know i am not going to be used to holding it back and probably will need to resight everything in as well. So how much time would you give yerself to practice before hunting?
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#1]
None.
Never actually shoot the animal in my sights.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
and the good answer is.  Practice until you can hit a pie plate with every arrow at your known ranges.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, i will give the paper plate thing a try.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
yeah thats what I would do, but im more of a catch and release hunter.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:16:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, thank fer all yer advise. I dont know if i can be a vegetarian hunter like you though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I shoot at 2" spots on the excelsior bales out to 40 yds and practice on block targets out to 60 yds.  That makes me feel comfortable shooting at deer out to 30 yds, but still prefer them right under my stand.  Also, be sure to practice with your broadheads too.  If fixed blade broadheads don't hit the same spot as field points, the bow and/or shooter is not tuned.  That's why mechanical broadheads are so popular.  They're less revealing of poor tuning/shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top