Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2016 10:43:29 PM EDT
Evening gents,

I have a Bear Encounter, 70# that's turned down just a touch from being maxed out. I noticed some 'fraying' on one of my cables before hunting season last year and took it in to my local bow shop to have it checked out, looked over for the season. They told me I was good to go, nothing to worry about, etc. It's only on a small portion on the cable that goes through the cable keeper (cable slide, whatever it's called) and shooting this afternoon it looks like it might be getting just a tad worse.

Is this something that I should worry about, and go ahead and have replaced? The string and the cables? The bow is (I believe) a 2013 model, I bought it used, and the owner told me he shot maybe 50 shots through it total over a few months, it was just too heavy for him and he got out of archery. I had it checked out by the same shop I mentioned before the day I bought it and was told it was a solid bow. Since then, I shoot fairly regularly in the backyard and have been through 2 hunting seasons, but unfortunately haven't shot at anything but rabbits and squirrels while hunting

I live in the East Plano area if anyone has any recommendations on shops to use in the future.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top