Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2015 10:52:14 PM EDT
So for my first bow I ended up with a 40# Samick Sage. I am so lost as to what to get for arrows. Most things I see is to go to a shop or something and have the people pick the arrows out for me. My draw is 28.5", so what do I pick? Don't really plan on hunting just want to throw some arrows downrange at some targets.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:20:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the same bow and while I have only shot it about 100 times I like it. I got mine from Cabelas and I was advised to get the Cabelas Stalker EXT with feathers.

They can cut them but I left them full length. The upc is723560212576. You will need some points too. I got 85 grain "easy pull" tips that came out of the target block pretty well.

Have not seen any porpoiseing so the spine is at least close. You will need some slow set epoxy to put the included inserts into the arrow and then screw the points in. I put them together with the points screwed into the inserts to keep epoxy from getting in the threads.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 50# Jaguar Elite (recurve). I ended up with 30.5" Victory VForce 500's and with 4" vanes it took 300grains up front to get the spine correct. Looking at Stu Miller's calculator the Sage appears to like a pretty stiff arrow. Looked at those arrows the other poster is using and they don't give a deflection number so kind of hard to make any comments but if they are working for him that is encouraging.  Starting out aluminum arrows are easier to tune; if you want to try aluminum's a 2016 cut at 30.5" with 5" feathers and a 100gr point should be a good place to start.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I just looked and the box I grabbed was 55-70 lbs. Might be a little stiff but they seemed to shoot okay. I am no expert.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I just looked and the box I grabbed was 55-70 lbs. Might be a little stiff but they seemed to shoot okay. I am no expert.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I never messed with a Sage but I was surprised when I started punching in numbers - that bow really likes a stiff arrow. They are flying well and hit where you are looking, carry on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top