Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2015 10:03:56 AM EDT
I just bought a used Bowtech Assassin.
Looking for the right arrows. Any suggestions?
I'm primary just going to be target shooting.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Just go to the pro shop, they need to know draw length, draw weight,...??   I have my bow shop make all mine,
80/dozen.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Any of the major mfr's carbon arrows spined correctly would be fine.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
As stated above, any major manufacturer spined correctly.
I shoot gold tips and love them.  Have also shot carbon express with good success too.

Also make sure your arrow weight is at least 5 grains per pound of draw weight minimum.
So if you are drawing 70lbs, you want a min total arrow weight (including broadhead, fletchings, nock) to be over 350.
Any less than that and you could be risking hurting your bow/arrows/yourself.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
the "Envy" series of arrows that Bass sells are made by Goldtip. I use them for practice, but hunt with Maxima's. I verify the point of impact between the two regularly - the maxima's fly better with a broadhead for me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I like Easton Bowfires.

But like others have said, you'll want to have a proshop set you up with the correct arrow(length, spine).
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
If you get carbon arrows, make sure they're cut with a high speed arrow cutting saw (it's like a little abrasive saw or chop saw spinning at 7,000 RPM) to keep the end from splintering.

Also, it's good to periodically flex them with your fingertips up and down the spine and listen for crackling noises, which would indicate a crack in the carbon fiber.  Especially after you hit something hard or smack arrows.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top