Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 9:20:24 PM EDT
A biddy teaded me a like new hoyt superstar supreme for a little trigger work on his AR.  
Cost me about $10 and a half hour of work.  All in all I think I came out ahead on this one.

The one problem is it has no strings... the tag on the limb that tells the string lenghts is too faded to read.
It has 70-80# supreme limbs with the superstar riser amd #3 cams...

I believe it is a 30" draw length.

Can anyone helpe out in finding a cheap set of strings? Im looking to set it up for a carp bow possibly and find out if it has any real value. Any help would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on getting a very good bow for the price.

The one place that I wouldn't scrimp on money is the string.  It's the string that holds the whole thing together and keeps tremendous force from being unleashed and resulting in a catastrophic accident.

Since you don't have any information on the bow, I'd recommend finding a bow shop, for minimal cost they can bench it, give you the string length, the bow poundage, adjust it for your draw length and do a safety check.

If you decide to buy string online, this is who I recommend http://www.60xcustomstrings.com/

They are a vendor on ArcheryTalk Forum, and often list specials for strings on the that site.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking online and I think I will give hoyt a call tomorrow. They seem to have good customer service and are very helpful in this type of situation.  

I'm lookin for some affordable quality strings. I will have it running pretty light if I go the fishing route.

I have vaportrails on my mathews dxt and really like them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top