Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2014 10:16:11 AM EDT
I'm new to the world of archery but I bought a Hoyt charger on monday. Ive got it sighted in at 20 yds, but i'd like to move the sight down and the pin up to the top of the sight so that i have enough room for the rest of my pins. The problem is that my sight is already as far down as it goes, what should i do? Thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm using a peep sight, it's the position that the shop I got it from put it in.
I put the tip of my thumb on the corner of my mouth and the string on the end of my nose to anchor.
Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
What size pins are you using?   I shoot a Hoyt Carbon and a PSE DNA. Both have the same issue as well.   I had to swap them out for .10 pins to open the gap.

The other option is a single pin sight.  I just ordered one of these to test it out.

http://archerxtreme.com/products/item/x-driver-1-pin/
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]
It could also be due to arrow rest height and/or nocking point height.

The rest height should be set so that the arrow shaft passes in front of the Berger Hole (arrow rest bolt hole), or just slightly higher than that.   The nocking point on the string should be about even with or slightly higher (1/4 - 3/4") than the center of the Berger Hole.   Helps to have a bow square to check the nock height.

This is called "centershot."

If you find that the bow won't tune fairly close to the centershot, then you probably need to press the bow and begin adjusting the cable and string lengths to adjust the yoke angle and cam timing to get it tuned.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top