Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2014 1:34:25 AM EDT
This is either the coolest thing ever or the most retarded.  I have seen a couple of videos and just saw the chief AJ slingbow for sale, so now, of course I want one.  The chief AJ one had a cool rest and was set up for a release,  the one on the video was just a whisker biscuit zip tied to a wrist rocket.

So is this just a stupid toy or are they legit?
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The video I saw a few years ago was pretty misleading with regard to how lethal it could be on deer.

Even so, the concept was pretty cool .

In the only video I saw, the guy used rubber bands to hold the split ring part of a key chain in the same position as a whisker buscuit.

After shooting an arrow from his wrist rocket into a hay bale, the guy claimed the 12" penetration into said hay bale would be lethal on deer.

I don't believe that .
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I must admit that I am not a hunter, so the relative lethality on anything larger than a feral cat doesn't really matter to me.  It was more of a "ooh that is cool" response rather than a "I can put meat in the freezer"...

The video I saw was the dude that got kicked off dual survival [not the barefoot one, the other guy] - which was what lead me to wonder if it is BS, until I saw that Chief AJ is also selling them.  I know him personally so that lead me to believe this might be legit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw the same video and immediately set about o make my own sling shot arrow launcher thingy.

I did it just like he said, I used two pieces of bicycle inner tube cut into one inch wide strips and a simple key chain ring.

I didn't have a fancy band for the slingshot so I just used the factory one that was on there.

End result, my kids and I were able to launch some arrows with a degree of speed but absolutely no accuracy or stability in flight. It was a fun project with the kids and we had a hoot shooting it off the back porch but there is no way I would ever try to use it for hunting.

Maybe if you had a more powerful band and some way to mount an improvised whisker biscuit type thing it would be a bit more controllable. Still a pain in the butt to aim though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top