Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2013 6:44:26 PM EDT
Never mind. I believe I figured out my problem. Thread can be deleted.

As my recent posts have likely made painfully clear, I'm completely new to archery.

When I bought my bow, I test fired it with the release I bought (TruBall Stinger) and the draw length was perfect. In the week since then, I've been hand drawing without an arrow it to build up strength. This was mentioned in another thread and another poster said not to do that, so yesterday I took the field point out of an arrow, strung it up, and used the release to draw.

And so begins my problem because it seems the draw length of the bow has changed since I used the release at the range last week. If I put my hand on my anchor points, the string and the peep sight are well out in front of my face. Likewise, if I line up the sight and put the string on my nose like usual, my hand and the release is a bit behind my face.

Again, stupid archery noob here, but it seems like my draw length needs to be shortened to get everything back in the right place. Is this the case? I don't understand how it changed from Sunday to today if it was perfect Sunday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top