Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2013 10:42:46 PM EDT
Wow I just noticed the Archery section, usually stick to the hometown and never noticed this before!

Thought I would drop in and say hi and share this.
sons first day with bow
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 2:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats awesome! I just told my boy today, after he tried to steel my arrows, that someday he could have a bow like Daddy.
Tell him to keep up the good shootin'
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Well today I just noticed the archery section.
That is awesome I just watched your son.
What did you do to get him set up if you don't mind my asking?
My kids all want to shoot but I honestly don't know anything about them. (well almost nothing I can shoot mine)
I have been bow hunting for the last 6 years but I had a guy at a shop set me up. Is that the best way to go for a kid?
I bought this piece of crap for my oldest daughter from cabelas like 3 years ago and it has a rope for a string and she still has a hard time pulling it back. Bad daddy
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Got it at Bass Pro, we used their range and I kept dropping the pull weight till he could pull it comfortably and then had them set the draw length. Just got my 11 y/o daughter a Diamond Infinite edge, 20lb to70lb (her starter had a cable instead of a string, wish I never wasted the money on it but wanted to make sure she was going to stick with it before shelling out bigger money) we were looking at the Bear apprentice but by the time the draw weight was down low enough the draw length wouldnt come into spec. The diamond would only go down to 26# and keep the correct draw length available but she is doing very well with it. And with it being $100 more than the bear im getting some extra chores out of her! :)
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Ha, sounds good. Work builds character.

Thanks for the reply I can mull that over for a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top