Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2013 9:36:20 PM EDT
Hello,
New to Archery. I bought a Bear Assault bow. After full pro-shop set up: Its 60Lb draw. My arrows are 27".  (drawing a blank on my draw length) My First question is the pro shop said stick with "340" arrow size. I found an Easton chart on-line and several other makes and they all say "400". Was the pro shop being over safe or? Thank you for any and all input on this. Again, brand new to me.
Thank you in advance!
Xring903- Thanks, Seemed like he was trying to "scare" me with the shattered arrow stories (which I have seen and is bad) to keep me with the 340 size.

///I should also add 100 Grain tips on my 27" arrows.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm switching to Easton carbon injexions this season. Diamond deadeye, 60 lb draw, 28 inch arrow. I'm buying 400 sized arrows. Buddy has a hoyt carbon element, 70 lbs, 27 inch arrows... He shoots 400 carbon injexions.
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Just be sure to check your arrows before you shoot. Gently flex them and try to listen for any crackling or crunching noise. If you shoot an arrow into a tree or the ground, you might not want to use it again.

Edited because I re-read your reply. My buddy using 400 injexions and the 70 lb hoyt uses 100 grain NAP killzone broadheads and I'm planning on using 100 grain broadheads as well.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I see no reason not to use 400's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top