Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2012 1:56:53 PM EDT
Kentucky Sanctions Archery as Varsity Sport

Beginning with the 2012-13 school year Kentucky students will have the opportunity to compete for a Kentucky High School Athletic Association state championship in archery.

be sure to read the whole story at deeranddeerhunting.com school archery article

and also check out the new website archeryintheschools.org

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/wp-content/uploads/youth-archery-1024x680.jpg

Link Posted: 9/9/2012 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.

When I was in junior high school (1980 - 82) we had an archery club. I used to take my bow with me to school on the bus. Nowadays that would probably result in a SWAT team call out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2012 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
That's awesome.  I would've given anything to be exposed to target archery at that age.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My daughter is in JROTC at her high school in Pearland (Houston area) Tx and she is going to state in Archery in March
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#4]
My girlfriend is the coach of the archery team at her high school. It is pretty cool. I wish that my school would have had it. They shoot Mathews Genesis bows. Their main feeder grade school even does archery.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, those are some seriously narrow firing points.

Good on them, as getting shooting back anywhere seems to be a lost cause.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
That's really cool. Wish I could have done that in school. Of course I grew up in Cali...show up to school with my bow.....get taken home in cuffs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Our school placed 23rd out of 84 at the middle school level this year at state.

84 programs.

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

It ain't a good archery indoor tourney unless some old guy is breathing on your neck.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:48:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It ain't a good archery indoor tourney unless some old guy is breathing on your neck.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like a typical "moran photographer thought this would look better" stunt.  The targets are over 5 feet apart.  What are those kids aiming at?  The same target?
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Looks like a typical "moran photographer thought this would look better" stunt.  The targets are over 5 feet apart.  What are those kids aiming at?  The same target?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably.  And probably due to cost issues, or the kid in the middle is not supposed to be there. The standard indoor range will have targets side by side and not so far apart.  And the standard firing like has about 30" of space between one archer and the other.  That's just enough for most people to fit their bellies in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top