Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2016 3:10:44 AM EDT
Hello all. I'm having problems finding a holster for my DVC Limited and I just want to see if anyone can recommend a Level 2 holster for me? I have a Safariland 6378 and really like that but, when I tried adding one to the cart, it said that this holster was not available.

I also took a look at the Bladtech WRS Level two and I currently use a standard Bladetech for my Glocks and have no complaints. Just need something with retention is all.

One last question is that if a manufacturer offers a holster for the STI Tactical 5.0, will that work for the DVC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone is in the same shoes as myself, being a lefty and wanting a level 2 retention holster for a 2011, I ended up ordering it from G-Code. Got an email back from both Safariland and Bladetech stating that neither had what I was requesting available.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
If anyone is in the same shoes as myself, being a lefty and wanting a level 2 retention holster for a 2011, I ended up ordering it from G-Code. Got an email back from both Safariland and Bladetech stating that neither had what I was requesting available.

View Quote

I think you'll be happy with the G-Code. I bought a BT WRS for my SP01 since G-code does make any for that gun. I hated it and it cost twice what an XST costs. I ended up buying a G-Code M9 holster and remolding it. The lever is a straight and light downward push compared to the stiff down/forward/out of the WRS setup. My WRS was too tight with the retention screw fully removed as well. I think I got a dud personally, because BT is a good company, but that holster was a waste of money for me.

With my G-Cdoe XST, I molded the hood to be nice and low and loosened the retention almost all the way. The gun goes nowhere and the draw is so smooth it almost feels like the gun was just floating next to my hip.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Obrez:

I think you'll be happy with the G-Code. I bought a BT WRS for my SP01 since G-code does make any for that gun. I hated it and it cost twice what an XST costs. I ended up buying a G-Code M9 holster and remolding it. The lever is a straight and light downward push compared to the stiff down/forward/out of the WRS setup. My WRS was too tight with the retention screw fully removed as well. I think I got a dud personally, because BT is a good company, but that holster was a waste of money for me.

With my G-Cdoe XST, I molded the hood to be nice and low and loosened the retention almost all the way. The gun goes nowhere and the draw is so smooth it almost feels like the gun was just floating next to my hip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obrez:
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to getting it in. Prior to this one, the only other Level 2 holster I ever used was the Safariland 6378 and I wish that was available in a LH 2011.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot all about this thread. As for an update, the G-Code didn't work and I'm sure the one they sent was not for a full dust cover 2011. From where it was binding up, it looks as if it would have worked for a short dust cover model.

There weren't any other options so, G-Code was kind enough to give me a refund on the holster. I also ordered (4) mag carriers and kept those. I ended up with a BladeTech DOS but, it does not have any type of locking retention so, I'm just going to have to be conscious of that when I run a match. What made me check back in on  this thread is cause we had a guy at the last match I shop get DQ'd on his very first stage (he was actually the first shooter as well) and he was running a 2011. He said he didn't check the retention and as soon as he took off running, out the gun flew.

My Brother-In-Law is also picking up a STI Edge at the end of the month and he's looking for a good quality Level II holster for himself. Luckily, he's right handed so hopefully there will be better options for him. I'm all opend for suggestions again. Thanks Team.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 2:12:31 AM EDT
[#5]
If anyone is interested, I happen to find a company that makes exactly what I was looking for. I am also buying an STI DVC Tactical and will be running a X300U so, it sparked my interest for finding that elusive LH Level 2 holster for a 2011.

LSHolster.com is the company that was referred to me and I will be ordering a holster right after the holidays. I really wish Safariland or Bladtech offered something for me since I run their holsters primarily but, I am willing to give this company a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top