Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2014 5:38:47 PM EDT
Scored some +6's for my M&P and my son's G34, both 9mm.  Can get only 22 in the 34 and M&P except for one M&P mag which will take 23 and still seat.  Do I just need to load them to 22 and let them sit for a few days to relax the springs a bit for that 23rd round, or have I overlooked something else?
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine only hold 22, my Arrendondo extensions also only hold 22 for my G34.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine only hold 22 until they've been used for a while then they hold 23 with no issues
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Some base pads need to be tuned. I had to file a little off of the back of one of mine.

It helped with mine to leave them loaded for a week.  After that I was able to get the last round in.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some base pads need to be tuned. I had to file a little off of the back of one of mine.

It helped with mine to leave them loaded for a week.  After that I was able to get the last round in.
View Quote
Are you talking about filing the follower a bit shorter?

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had older style followers in mine since they are old mags. I did have to file a little off of the back edge as it would catch on the back of the extension and not allow me to fully load it. It was just a tiny ammount I needed to take off. 2 swipes with a file on the front and back and it was good.

Taylor Freelance has a video about tuning the followers that I used. I had the #5 followers that they mention starting at about 1:50 in the video. 1st the back edge of the follower caught on the extension, so I did a couple swipes with a file on the legs. Then it was catching on the spring itself, so I did a couple of swipes on the inside area of the legs. Worked fine after that. My 170mm mags with the Taylor Freelance +8/10's didn't like the older style followers. Would feed fine, but didn't always lock the slide back on the last round. Used a newer style #9 follower with it and beveled the front top edge of the follower like they show in the video and it worked after that.

Taylor Freelance follower tuning video
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top