Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2014 5:40:14 PM EDT
So I just got a used Springfield XD tactical 5 inch pistol with 7 10 round magazines, yeah I live in CA and 10 rounders are maximum, and I would like some suggestions for what I should upgrade first. I do plan on changing the sights out because I am used to fiber optic sights from shooting 2-gun rimfire matches but Im not sure what is best to do after that. The gun was very well taken care of and has 3074 rounds thru it, yeah the guy who owned it kept detailed info on it, so the trigger is actually not that bad so changing it my not be my priority as the second thing to change.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you planning to use it just in 3gun, or are you gonna use it in USPSA Prodiction also? If just 3gun, I'd add a magwell since you are gonna have to do more mag changes being stuck with 10 round mags, then trigger. And sights, but you said you were planning on that already. Maybe some +0 extensions to make the reloads easier.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Upgrade it to a 2011.

Just kidding, kind of.

Your better off starting with an XDm, Glock 34 or M&P pro or a CZ SP01 Shadow IMHO.  I wouldn't stick much into an XD.  Maybe extended mags until you can buy a better platform.
View Quote

Problem is he's in Cali, you're stuck with 10 rd mags, not lucky like us in the free states.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:37:37 AM EDT
[#5]
XDm's are off roster so I can't get one
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:57:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Upgrade it to a 2011.

Just kidding, kind of.

Your better off starting with an XDm, Glock 34 or M&P pro or a CZ SP01 Shadow IMHO.  I wouldn't stick much into an XD.  Maybe extended mags until you can buy a better platform.
View Quote

What is significantly better about an XDM, than an XD... I own both. There's nothing wrong with the XD that isn't wrong with most polymer pistols.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Extra sight radius and more companies make the aftermarket go fast parts for the newer guns.  The Glock is still king of the polymer guns because of the huge amount of aftermarket accessories IMHO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Upgrade it to a 2011.

Just kidding, kind of.

What is significantly better about an XDM, than an XD... I own both. There's nothing wrong with the XD that isn't wrong with most polymer pistols.

Extra sight radius and more companies make the aftermarket go fast parts for the newer guns.  The Glock is still king of the polymer guns because of the huge amount of aftermarket accessories IMHO.

Not worth the $$ to trade up if you ask me.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn't want this to turn into a XD vs Glock rant but oh well
Yeah I would have loved to get a XDm but they are verboten here in Kalifornia so it aint gonna happen and Im not moving at least for a while.
Now I got a XD for 500 and it came with 7 10 round magazines and other extras so I couldn't pass up on that.
Gonna replace the front sight with a fiber optic front sight and probably replace the rear with an adjustable.
after that ill get a magwell and then eventually upgrade the trigger
image by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:06:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Didn't want this to turn into a XD vs Glock rant but oh well
Yeah I would have loved to get a XDm but they are verboten here in Kalifornia so it aint gonna happen and Im not moving at least for a while.
Now I got a XD for 500 and it came with 7 10 round magazines and other extras so I couldn't pass up on that.
Gonna replace the front sight with a fiber optic front sight and probably replace the rear with an adjustable.
after that ill get a magwell and then eventually upgrade the trigger
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/pcQiMx" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3895/15230112325_f34f16a1e3_b.jpg</a>image by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
View Quote

That is a great deal for $500. The extra mags alone are worth about $100.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#11]
You can get an XDm legally until Jan 1 2015 through single shot exemption. Check your gun shop to see if they do SSE.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Powder River trigger and Dawson sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top