Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2016 6:51:55 AM EDT
Those of you that run this for 3 gun what modifications have you made to it? Really looking forward to see how this operates during this year's matches. Thanks for all the help!

Picture for attention (plus it just looks so good )

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Been running one since they first came out.

Haven't done a thing to it besides a Glock like $0.25 polish of the internals and the occasional clean and lube.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Just remembered... Added a Mesa Tactical Urbino pistol grip stock just because I like pistol grips on shotguns.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Very cool, I am planning to have the port opened a little and also have TacOrd machine and nitride coating the bolt
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Matt Koopikka has a couple of mods on YouTube. Easy to do and helps long term reliability.
Here is one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FfgpPrGFqug
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mdover:
Very cool, I am planning to have the port opened a little and also have TacOrd machine and nitride coating the bolt
View Quote
I opened up the port, added Crams extended lifter, Nordic tube to hold 12, pure gold chokes, and milled an adjustable sight into the rib for slugs
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Do your slugs shoot straight? Almost every VMax I've come across, including mine, shot high right so you either have to aim off center or add the adjustable sight.

Also, I've seen folks have trouble with the extended lifter so I think it's best not to do it or try just adding the taccom one and not weld.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SuperSet72:
Do your slugs shoot straight? Almost every VMax I've come across, including mine, shot high right so you either have to aim off center or add the adjustable sight.

Also, I've seen folks have trouble with the extended lifter so I think it's best not to do it or try just adding the taccom one and not weld.
View Quote
What problems with the lifter? I've had a few rounds get caught on the lifter so barely bent the tip down a little and haven't had any problems. And my thumbs are thanking me
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
What problems with the lifter? I've had a few rounds get caught on the lifter so barely bent the tip down a little and haven't had any problems. And my thumbs are thanking me
View Quote
Feeding issues, usually on the top right. I had to bevel mine quite a bit so it would start working reliably. I know another guy who never got his working right after he welded his lifter. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:03:32 AM EDT
[#9]
For those of you in the know: I need a new semi for duck and geese and was thinking of the versa max this time around.

My question: if I wanted to use it for Waterfowl and the occasional 3gun, how well would a versa max standard 26” make the transition but still be able to be easily swapped?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dash_ISpy:
For those of you in the know: I need a new semi for duck and geese and was thinking of the versa max this time around.

My question: if I wanted to use it for Waterfowl and the occasional 3gun, how well would a versa max standard 26” make the transition but still be able to be easily swapped?
View Quote
I would think you could just get another tube/spring that's shorter and swap between them. I remove mine if I want it to fit in my pelican case it takes seconds and is pretty easy. I also saw a guy do the wooden dowel thing for goose hunting here in CO, but then you still have to deal with that long tube...
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 3:04:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 3GunSteve:

I would think you could just get another tube/spring that's shorter and swap between them. I remove mine if I want it to fit in my pelican case it takes seconds and is pretty easy. I also saw a guy do the wooden dowel thing for goose hunting here in CO, but then you still have to deal with that long tube...
View Quote
I swap the tube on my 870 if it’s more than a weekend hunt but the dowel works great otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top