Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2015 8:53:44 AM EDT
I bought the 922R compliant Chinese Fury II imported by Century International Arms. Got it shipped free at Patriot Outfitters Guns online for $584.99. (It was $604.99 but I Googled a $20-off coupon code.) I ran a box of high-brass through it (2.75 in, 1300fps, 1-1/4 oz.) All 25 fed flawlessly through the two 5-rd and one 10-rd mags it came with. I switched the gas port over to the low setting and fired up a 100-round box of low-brass Winchester Walmart target loads. The first mag – 10 rounds – literally failed to fully eject every round. The second mag – 10 again – was able to fire four rounds consecutively before an FTE. It slowly got better. At about 30 rounds, the malfunction switched to FTFs as a shell was ejected and a new one chambered, but the bolt didn't come quite far enough forward for the firing pin to engage the next round. This wasn't a light strike, the trigger wouldn't engage the firing pin at all. Maybe the bolt wasn't traveling far enough rearward to charge the trigger. I don't know. Not really 100 percent familiar with the gun's action yet. But shoving the charging handle forward wouldn't cure it. You had to eject the shell and move on. By about 50 rounds, that problem went away and it went back to simple FTEs but only about 10 percent of the time. From 75 to 90 rounds, FTEs were less than one per mag. The last 10 rounds I fired – two 5-rd mags – ran flawlessly. I was out of ammo and my shoulder hurt. But, long story short, I think this thing will run just fine after another hundred rounds. I've had it apart and the fit and finish isn't bad. Comes apart and goes back together easily. I do see where there are some rough spots on the bolt, bolt carrier, and bolt carrier rails that could use a little polishing. But all in all, I'm pretty happy. I'm confident with a little TLC this can be a highly reliable semi-auto 12 gauge even with target loads and low-recoil slugs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top