Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2014 7:52:37 PM EDT
I picked up a new Versa Max Competition Tactical . I am not the best strong hand load 2 guy but I have been picking up speed with my M1 Sup 90.  The versa Max was very hard out of the box.  I flattened out the hump in the shell lifter, and flattened the shell retainer for the mag, this cured 90% of the problem. I want to know if any body else has any experience with this problem.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:02:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Only difference I notice when using VM vs M2 is the area between the handguard and the loading port feeling a little high. I noticed this when quad loading, my last two shells in hand would drag. Not sure if this is what you mean.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply  I only load 2 at a time , haven't noticed the fore end causing any problem.   The problem seemed to be the hump in the shell lifter would cause the shell to be at a bad angle going in to the mag tube, and cause interference,  and the shell retainer was under a lot of pressure and stuck out in the loading port making it hard to push a shell past it.  I am continuing to work at it.  I also noticed that the mag extension would loosen up.  I put some white tape plumbers use on threads to see it that will work.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
On my tactical, I noticed it required a lot of effort to insert shells. I took out the shell catch and ground a cresent shaped cut at the end, deepened the two u notches that are parallel to each other and polished it out. It helped out quite bit for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top