Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2016 10:21:32 AM EDT
So, I have been using a borrowed Aimpoint compM4 on my three gun rifle waiting to buy a scope and mount.  I got a smoking' deal on a Vortex scope and have it in hand...now here is the problem...I ordered a vortex mount for a great deal and it went on backorder the same day. I am scheduled to shoot the 3GN match in Birmingham in 3 weeks and I am weighing my options. So I am seeking y'all's opinions.

Do I....

1. Change to factory division and keep running the red dot?
2. Call the vendor that I ordered my mount from and see if I can cancel or change my order...but it still will not be here for a week?
3. Spend more money than I have buying a mount from another vendor and getting it shipped here quick, so I can practice using it before the match.
4. Run a mount I do NOT like, but can find locally. (Burris PEPR with top rails, the only 30mm mount I can find locally).

The match letter says expect the farthest shot to be 500yds.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Assuming you are talking about a 1 piece mount.  The Aero Precision mount is crazy light compared to everything else.  If it was me I would order one and cancel the Vortex mount you ordered.  I replaced all my mounts with them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, impatience got the best of me and I followed your advice.  

I ordered another mount yesterday, and says it shipped yesterday. Hopefully I will have it early next week and that gives me 2 weeks to play with it.

I went with the Aero Ultralight extended, so we will see how it works.

Update: Ordered at 10am on Wed, will be delivered tomorrow. I should be shooting it this weekend!!! That is some damn quick service.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Shots out to 500, you're gonna want a scope. I know I would. 500 is doable with a red dot, or even iron sights. It's just a lot harder than it is with a scope.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
So, in 3 days I received a new scope mount. Now if my range will become un-flooded, then I can sight it in before my next match.

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Next one I get though will be the SPR aero or the 3" offset vortex. This extended is just a tad close for comfort. It'll work, but I think moving the scope forward and inch will make things a little better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top