Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 7:39:14 PM EDT
Has anyone any experience with the RRA 3-gun upper?  I've looked at the Stag 3-Gun....liked it....just wondering how the Rock River stacks up also.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=569&CFID=437584847&CFTOKEN=40976475

Heard that their older version of compensator wasn't the best...but this one is a new design.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw an ad for it, it has a mid length gas system, where as the Stag has a rifle gas system.. I would buy the Stag upper/gun and just change out the comp.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Being a greenhorn to AR-type rifles , and all the various add-ons that can be had , enlighten me about the Stag comp. I have one of the Stag 3G uppers , but haven't a clue whether the comp is lacking or is working as intended. And change to what?? There seems to be about 10 dozen choices.
Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#3]
They work too good pushing your barrel down
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Seeing as how it's mid length gas, and the comp is permanently attached, I'd go with something else.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not aware of Rock River Arms having any direct involvement with the sport of 3 gun or any of it's shooters.  I've not seen them listed at any major matches that I've shot as a sponsor, I've not seen anyone with RRA logo on their jersey, and I've never met any of their staff at a match.  Yet, they have a 3 gun rifle?  Where did they get the first hand experience to develop this?  

There are many manufacturers that have day to day involvement with the sport of 3 gun.  I'd suggest looking towards one of these companies:

DoubleStar
Stag
Barnes Precision
Remington/DPMS/Bushmaster
POF
Seekins
Adams Arms
Sig
Armalite
FNH USA

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Its a good shooter.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#7]
The RRA Upper is a decent upper, but is is a little heavy, so the customers who have purchased it replace the handguard for something a little lighter. I agree with BPR thet you should support those companies that support 3-Gun.

Stag makes a nice upper. Only complaint is the comp worked too well forcing the barrel down too much, so guys were having to swap out the break.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I had an upper so yes.  I sold it to a friend as it would help his game more than mine and built one.  It was very accurate.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The RRA Upper is a decent upper, but is is a little heavy, so the customers who have purchased it replace the handguard for something a little lighter.
View Quote

So who can replace RRA handguard with perhaps a Carbon Fiber one (also sells the hand guard)?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top