Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2013 6:08:23 PM EDT
So I'm looking to get into 3GN, but I'm not sure what class I'd be in, given my firearms. I have an AR (5.56) flat top (so I can go irons or optic), M&P9 full size, and an 870. I know shooting the pump will change things, so where would that put me?

Thanks a bunch.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I started with a glock 17, 16" AR, and pump 590A1.

I shot tac-ops the first small match and most of the rest of the year in Tac-Irons with an Aimpoint. You will get hooked quick and probably buy a semi-auto shotgun, some fiber optic sights for your pistol, and a muzzle brake for your AR before long.

Welcome to the addiction......I mean sport!
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By EaZeNuTZ33:
I started with a glock 17, 16" AR, and pump 590A1.

I shot tac-ops the first small match and most of the rest of the year in Tac-Irons with an Aimpoint. You will get hooked quick and probably buy a semi-auto shotgun, some fiber optic sights for your pistol, and a muzzle brake for your AR before long.

Welcome to the addiction......I mean sport!

I have a semi shotty, but I've shot the 870 over half my life, and I feel pretty confident with it.

And you're right about the brake. I have a birdcage but I'm saving pocket change to get the Griffin M4SD (literally, pocket change).

HOPEFULLY ammo will be a little easier to find now and I can actually get some decent practice in.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JesseTischauser:
You can shoot Tac optics, Tac irons or open.  Pump is only required in some Heavy optics matches and most heavy irons matches.

I was hoping to stay out of the heavies, so that's excellent to hear. Thanks Jesse.

Regarding the Optics/Irons classes, where would a RDS fall?

Link Posted: 3/21/2013 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By NismoFire:
You can shoot Tac optics, Tac irons or open.  Pump is only required in some Heavy optics matches and most heavy irons matches.

I was hoping to stay out of the heavies, so that's excellent to hear. Thanks Jesse.

Regarding the Optics/Irons classes, where would a RDS fall?

Magnification puts you in Optics.  Non magnified and you're in irons

Awesome. Thank you very much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top