Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2014 11:32:17 AM EDT
Putting together a match that is going to require staged rifles and shotguns at each one of the stages, due to the physical nature of the course between stages.  

Shooters will have their own pistol, but that is it.  Everything else is what they find there.  

We are attempting to make this safe (physical nature of running the course with all three weapons), while also somewhat realistic (if you dont have a rifle and one is there, you grab it right?).  

With that being said, how much of a deterrent will this be to people signing up to shoot the match?

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt that it would keep anyone away from the match.  But it may encourage a few folks that lack a shotgun or rifle but would like to give 3 gun a try.

I have several "pistol only" friends that I invite to matches on a regular basis.  Whatever gear they lack, I will supply.  Once we get them interested, its easy to set the hook.

Bill

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
one thing to remember is the issue of malfunctions. General rule is if your gun malfunctions, you clear it and deal with it on the clock. If it's a stage gun that malfunctions, you get a reshoot, since you have no control over the gun. Make sure the guns are running 100%. My club tried this a coupld of years ago with a shotgun, that of course went down several times that day. Causing several reshoots that slowed things down. Good idea to have spares for the stage guns.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
My personal rule is that any shot with a stage gun should be a "gimme" shot - performance with a stage gun should not be a determining factor in the match outcome. Also, as mentioned above, malfunctions lead to an automatic reshoot, so I always put the stage gun at the start of the stage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top