Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2014 6:44:03 PM EDT
I apologize if this has been discussed, but I have a question re: several of the new Classifier Stages from 3 Gun Nation; specifically "Reload for Times 12 Steel" and "Long Run-2." Both of these stages specify that all reloads must come from the belt. I'm not trying to be dense, but what exactly does this mean? Does it literally mean that all ammunition must be stored on the belt and that any other form of ammunition carry is prohibited, i.e. pockets, chest rig, etc? Or does it mean that all ammunition must be stored on the shooter and may not be staged on the course, on the firearm or through the use of magazine couplers?

This is less of an issue for rifle and handgun magazines which are worn predominantly on the belt, though many shooters may still use pockets. It is primarily an issue for the storage of shotgun ammunition. With so many loading methods and different shot shell carriers, many shooters may not be carrying shot shells on their belts anymore. If interpreted to mean belt only to the exclusion of all other carry methods, it would seem to disadvantage shooters that primarily utilize chest rigs, special shotgun reload belts (e.g. Chameleon) or pockets; and would seem to advantage shooters that primarily use a belt storage method. I would agree 100% that a shooter should have several loading techniques in their bag of tricks, but 3 Gun has always been a sport in which whatever works for you is good to go. That freedom of choice is one of the things that makes 3 Gun so popular and appealing to new and experienced shooters alike.

I'd like to know what shooters think and maybe what the 3GN staff intended in using that language - from the belt only or simply on the shooters person?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top