Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2014 11:49:52 AM EDT
It seems like I have read that open class can use bipods and rests but I would like to know if that could include a walking stick / steady stick that could be discarded after using.  THX
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure of the rules allow it or not, but I would think it would get in the way. You'd have to carry it while carrying everything else. Most longer shots I have taken there has always been something you could use for support. Either a barrel, post, etc.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tuflehundon:
Not sure of the rules allow it or not, but I would think it would get in the way. You'd have to carry it while carrying everything else. Most longer shots I have taken there has always been something you could use for support. Either a barrel, post, etc.
View Quote

First, using a bipod puts you in Open.   Using a 4 foot long monopod would probably do the same.

The rules allow the competitor to install and remove items like bipods whenever they want.   My guess is that intent was to allow changes between stages but I did not see anything that says you could not use this extralong monopod for part of the stage and not use it for the remainder of the stage.

Using the stick as a monopod at the start of the stage and leaving it behind sounds like it would be legal.

But them I'm not a 3 Gun Range Master.

Maybe one will chime in.

Bill

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen several stages at local / outlaw matches where it would be faster to shoot from a stick than going prone or shooting from a short wall.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Jessie, give it another 25 years and given the choice between the shooting stick and going prone, the shooting stick will win.

With practice, I've found out to 150 yards I can do almost as well with the stick as going prone if I add in the extra time it takes me to fall down.  And the falling down part is still reasonably easy.  The getting back up not so much.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top