Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2014 12:39:02 PM EDT
Any thoughts on standardizing long range steel targets for 3GN matches, at either championships / partner matches / club matches?

The Southeast Regional offered blaze orange steel that was not necessarily easy to hit, but was easy to SEE.  

It allowed the competitors to focus on SHOOTING targets, not SPOTTING targets.

I hope the days of dull grey steel on a dark drown berm, in the shade, and nearly invisible to the naked eye is over.

Blaze orange rocks!

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]

I don’t see any such thing as standardizing, to many of the
Outlaw matches ( most 3 Gun matches are Outlaw,, ) have their own rules and
ways of doing things, AND those matches fill up to waiting list only, The day
after it is announced, So they have no reason to change the way they are doing
things.

I do see, or can’t find the problem you’re talking about,,
The best solution I see is a bright color backer set up behind the target. And painting
the target black.

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I don't have a problem with the extra challenge. I think it makes it more interesting.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By morrisammo_1:
I don’t see any such thing as standardizing, to many of theOutlaw matches ( most 3 Gun matches are Outlaw,, ) have their own rules andways of doing things, AND those matches fill up to waiting list only, The dayafter it is announced, So they have no reason to change the way they are doingthings.

View Quote

+1 to the point that there are SO SO many outlaw matches. It truly makes a statement about what people think of 3 Gun Nation Rule set.  
I would love to see some kind of standers, but its hard to jump on board with rules like "Any two hits"   All 3 of the clubs I shoot 3 gun at have some kind of scoring system.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top