Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2013 11:13:13 AM EDT
Can someone much more experienced enlighten me on the acceptable way of shooting this classifier.

On the stage description of #01-13, pistol targets are poppers, shotgun targets are clays and rifle targets are paper.

Cheaper Than Dirt has posted a video titled "Open Div. Vs Tac Ops - 3-Gun Nation Classifier"  The video is Clint Upchurch shooting this classifier in Open and Rob Romero shooting it in Tactical Optics.

Rob empties his shotgun taking down one of the poppers. He then takes down the remaining poppers with his pistol.

Clint uses his Open Saiga to take down all of the poppers so does not even use his pistol.

My questions on this classifier, or for that matter any classifier or stage, can the shooter "free style" it and use guns other than those specified in the stage detail to complete the stage?

Limitations of "no rifle on steel" and "no birdshot of paper" are understood.

Or has this stage detail been updated since Clint and Rob were video taped February 1st?

Thanks.

Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnLY4WHXbPU
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I shot a 3 gun nation club qualifier saturday you could shoot poppers with shot gun also but had to shoot at least one steal target with pistol or a 15 sec penalty.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dtuns77:
I shot a 3 gun nation club qualifier saturday you could shoot poppers with shot gun also but had to shoot at least one steal target with pistol or a 15 sec penalty.
View Quote

That's exactly how they handle Classifier #04-13 "Flying by 1".  The stage detail indicates pistol targets are poppers and the shotgun targets are poppers and clays.  Under the procedurals, they show a 10 second penalty if at least one popper was not taken down with the pistol.

For Classifier #01-13, there is no such wording in the stage detail.

I'm beginning to think that Mr. Upchurch and Mr. Romero earned some penalties but they did not add them in for the video.  In checking the leader board, I see that both have scores posted that do not match those in the video, so the video may have been of some practice runs.

If we would engage several poppers with the shotgun would the penalty be 10 seconds per popper shot with the shotgun or just 10 seconds total?  Either way, it would be disasterous.

Bill

Link Posted: 8/25/2013 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
stage details for 01-13 say

PROCEDURE Upon Start Signal, engage targets with appropriate firearm only, from within the shooting area only. Targets may be engaged in any order.
Abandoning Conditions: Pistol must be placed inside box, safety engaged or empty. Rifle & Shotgun placed in separate dump barrels, safety engaged or empty.
Pistol Targets: Pepper Poppers only.
Shotgun Targets: Clays only.
Rifle Targets: Paper only. Engaging steel with Rifle will result in a Match DQ

I shot this last week also a question from me.
If you place shotgun on table and not barrel 3GN show said " that 5 second penalty is going to hurt" not per shot fired but left it on a table for the whole stage. I got 2 20 second penalties for firing twice then placing shotgun in the barrel and completing COF.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top