Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2016 6:29:57 PM EDT
Hey, y'all...complete newb to the sport, never competed, just now looking to get into it because it looks like fun.  Got a question about ammo...

How much ammo is typically expended during a 3-gun match for each weapon?  Also, how much ammo is typically expended during practice for each match?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
YMMV but for our shoots:

150 rifle (no "steel" projectiles like M855).
50 pistol.
50 shotgun (#6 or smaller birdshot plus a dozen or so each of buck and slugs.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 6:56:48 AM EDT
[#2]
150 rounds per not including slugs which is usually   less than 10 rounds.

Bigger matches could be more.  Typically, I bring double the round count.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Club matches could be anywhere from 50-100 per gun.

Majors could be from 100-200 per gun.

Practice is up to you.  Most of us use drills that are low round count but build specific skills to keep ammo costs reasonable.
Burning 500 rounds in a couple hours is generally not particularly productive.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I usually bring 200 for rifle and pistol and 150 shotgun (birdshot) plus 10 slugs.

I like to have enough to load up my mags at the car and then bring about 100 rounds rifle, pistol, and shotgun with me as I walk around the stages.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top