Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2015 10:40:49 AM EDT
Guys I need a little help with deciding what equipment to use for my first three gun match later this month. All of the items I am listing I already own, the only thing I would be buying are the Dueck Defense offset Irons. I am going to be giving this a try at the Lead Farm in Versailles MO which has a 500 or 600 yard shot in the course.

I am going to be using Glock 19 until I decide on a 17 or 34. Rifle wise I have a 12.5 Noveske crusader I am thinking about using it has a 4x Acog on top so I will add a set of Dueck Defense offset irons on it, I am a left hand shooter so to my knowledge these are the only offset irons that work. I also have a light weight 16 inch FN barreled PSA upper which would use the Acog as well. My last choice and most likely would be one of my MK12 uppers either mod 0 or 1 but they are some heavy but very accurate guns.  My other option for optics would be using my brothers Trijicon 1x4 Accupoint, I  would rather not mess it up if I was to drop it though.

For shotgun I have two similar choices I have two Benelli m1 super 90 18 inch guns. One has ghost sights, capacity of 9, cylinder bore. The other one has rifle sights, capacity 9, and removable choke tubes this one for some reason has about 30-50% more felt recoil then the other.
So do any of these options stick out as better than the other? Thanks for the help in advance.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
In your situation I would use the PSA upper since you might be throwing it into a barrel, table, etc and you are going to cringe the first few times you drop a gun. I'd also go with whatever shotgun you can aquire a sight picture faster with. Some people report that ghost ring sights slow them down. Some people say the same for rifle sights. I would probably use the one with ghost ring sights due to the lesser recoil.

I'm nowhere near pro status so decide what's best for you given your skillset and your comfort level.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In your situation I would use the PSA upper since you might be throwing it into a barrel, table, etc and you are going to cringe the first few times you drop a gun. I'd also go with whatever shotgun you can aquire a sight picture faster with. Some people report that ghost ring sights slow them down. Some people say the same for rifle sights. I would probably use the one with ghost ring sights due to the lesser recoil.

I'm nowhere near pro status so decide what's best for you given your skillset and your comfort level.
View Quote

Thanks for the input the main reason I was thinking the Noveske is that I have shot it out to 600 yards not so much with the PSA.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Shoot whichever gun you want to. Which ever one you are more comfertable with. The Trijicon accupoint would be a much better option than the ACOG. Don't worry about dropping the guns. It's your first match, don't try to blaze through it. Just have fun. I have a cheap Bushnell 1-4 on my rifle and I throw my gun into dump barrels without issue. It's an AR, it designed to take abuse.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Guys I need a little help with deciding what equipment to use for my first three gun match later this month. All of the items I am listing I already own, the only thing I would be buying are the Dueck Defense offset Irons. I am going to be giving this a try at the Lead Farm in Versailles MO which has a 500 or 600 yard shot in the course.

I am going to be using Glock 19 until I decide on a 17 or 34. Rifle wise I have a 12.5 Noveske crusader I am thinking about using it has a 4x Acog on top so I will add a set of Dueck Defense offset irons on it, I am a left hand shooter so to my knowledge these are the only offset irons that work. I also have a light weight 16 inch FN barreled PSA upper which would use the Acog as well. My last choice and most likely would be one of my MK12 uppers either mod 0 or 1 but they are some heavy but very accurate guns.  My other option for optics would be using my brothers Trijicon 1x4 Accupoint, I  would rather not mess it up if I was to drop it though.

For shotgun I have two similar choices I have two Benelli m1 super 90 18 inch guns. One has ghost sights, capacity of 9, cylinder bore. The other one has rifle sights, capacity 9, and removable choke tubes this one for some reason has about 30-50% more felt recoil then the other.
So do any of these options stick out as better than the other? Thanks for the help in advance.
View Quote

You need to practice your shotgun reloads. Practice practice practice. that will be your biggest hang up. Get quadloads from taccom they are the shit.

I've shot the tooth and nail 600 yrd target. Use your 16 inch gun, you can do it with the crusader but ballistically you'll be better off with the 16". While the acog will be completely serviceable a 1-4 or a 1-6x will serve you better.

Use the one with the changeable chockes with light modified choke. or whichever one doe not have a pistol grip. This will slow you down reloading.

You can do it with your Glock 19, i did it a few times but now i rock a 17l.

Hit me up if you have any questions there quite a few of us arfcommers that shoot tooth and nail regularly and we are here to help.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been practicing the shotgun reloads nightly at my house still have a ways to go. The damn gate on the M1 is sharp I am going to try loading with a set of mechanics gloves tonight. How many rounds will I need for the shot gun stage. As of now I have a plus six shotgun shell holder for my belt, was wondering if I would need more. I am going to be using a Spector drop leg for at least my first match since that is all I have as far as holsters that are outside the waistband. I think I am going to use mu Acog with some offset irons since the 1-4 is my brothers and I really don't want mess it up. If I do more matches I will pick up a Vortex razor hd gen 2 1-6. I am going to shoot when I get off work today. Is there anyplace I can see a visual of the Lead Farm stages?

Quoted:

You need to practice your shotgun reloads. Practice practice practice. that will be your biggest hang up. Get quadloads from taccom they are the shit.

I've shot the tooth and nail 600 yrd target. Use your 16 inch gun, you can do it with the crusader but ballistically you'll be better off with the 16". While the acog will be completely serviceable a 1-4 or a 1-6x will serve you better.

Use the one with the changeable chockes with light modified choke. or whichever one doe not have a pistol grip. This will slow you down reloading.

Hit me up if you have any questions there quite a few of us arfcommers that shoot tooth and nail regularly and we are here to help.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Depending on what stage set up it could be anywhere from 9 to 45. yeah thats right 45. Thats about how many was on stage 9 of the 3gun champs out there. you will need shotgun caddies. Let me know which match youre going to go to.  If i'm at that match youre more than welcome to borrow some of mine. It's how i got started.

One thing ive noticed is the tactical shit really doesnt work. I understand whole heartedly if thats the only holster you have but you will be running and all kinds of crazy shit. Those tooth and nail guys take sick satisfaction in making you hurt at the end of the day. Especially Josh, hes an animal.

If you have facebook look for the missouri 3-gun championship page you will be able to see course lay out there as well. If you still can't i can help you out.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#7]
a little time with a cratex polishing wheel to the "U" of your feed gate will save taking 1/4" chunks out of your thumbnail... I also shoot a 4x32 ACOG and the stadia lines are a help when judging windage hold off... each stadia line to the side of the vertical is approximately 10" at that indicated distance... get a good 69grain load to buck the wind... get a good zero... if you have a chevron (I have a 31F), I use it for everything past 5m (both eyes open), and have the roll over for head shots at touching distance...
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I am doing the match that is on 4-18-15  looks like the stages will be 5-9 so I will need to figure out a way to carry all of the shot gun rounds I need. I am just going to run what I have and go from there. The drop leg will have to do since most holster makers are 4-6 weeks out and I am left handed so finding one in stock would be difficult. Thanks for the information guys.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am doing the match that is on 4-18-15  looks like the stages will be 5-9 so I will need to figure out a way to carry all of the shot gun rounds I need. I am just going to run what I have and go from there. The drop leg will have to do since most holster makers are 4-6 weeks out and I am left handed so finding one in stock would be difficult. Thanks for the information guys.
View Quote

I'm gonna try for that match. I'll bring you a holster if i get to shoot it unless you absolutely want to use the drop leg.

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm gonna try for that match. I'll bring you a holster if i get to shoot it unless you absolutely want to use the drop leg.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be great. I am going to order one on payday not sure which one yet. Maybe a blade tech
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That would be great. I am going to order one on payday not sure which one yet. Maybe a blade tech
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pm glk34 here on the forum. He's a local holster maker. One of my best friends. He's a good dude. Only holster maker I use anymore. Look up AAA concealment on Facebook if you have it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top