Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2017 11:49:44 PM EDT
Shot momma tonight. Piglets looked to be 15 lbs or so. Will they make it without her? Hope not.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:51:52 AM EDT
[#1]
With a little bit of work they will make it, on your grill.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Shot momma tonight. Piglets looked to be 15 lbs or so. Will they make it without her? Hope not.
View Quote

Jagerpro has video on smaller piglets than that making it. It's been my experience that if they find another sounder that they make it just fine. I killed 4 big sows from a sounder once then caught all 24 of the piglets at once in the jagerpro. But I can't seem to get photo bucket to go back that far from my phone. I'll see if I can find the pictures tonight on the computer.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#3]

The sow's were killed over a couple of weeks prior to buying the Jager pro trap. We were using box traps and swing gate panel traps prior. Once we eliminated the trap shy sow's the piglets were easy to catch but they were on their own for almost a month before we got the jagerpro. Notice the one sow had not dropped her piglets yet.

There's a few that got caught in the box trap but you can only catch so many before they wise up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The last I killed was a sow with multiple little ones.  Those resilient demons likely survived
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
What do you do with all the piglets?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What do you do with all the piglets?
View Quote
They went to a high fence hunting operation. But that was the only licensed hauler and he has quit cause of the hassle. Now they go to the compost pile.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They went to a high fence hunting operation. But that was the only licensed hauler and he has quit cause of the hassle. Now they go to the compost pile.
View Quote
I never knew it required a license to hual hogs. Is there a reason for that?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I was hoping to hear that they'll all get taken by coyotes or die or something.
Here's my sow with bacon seeds about a month ago.
Attachment Attached File

Here's my sow last Friday morning.
Attachment Attached File

There were five piglets that came out of the woods to nurse on her after she went down.
Four ran off after shooting into them. We haven't seen any of them on any of our cams in
the past week. I'm hoping they've been taken by anything.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I never knew it required a license to hual hogs. Is there a reason for that?
View Quote
Yeah to many turning them loose. If you catch them on federal land they have to be dead before you remove them from the trap. A lot of slaughter houses are requiring them to be dead before you bring them in.

You can tell that's a dog caught hog by the chewed up ear. Someone decided I needed restocked.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah to many turning them loose. If you catch them on federal land they have to be dead before you remove them from the trap. A lot of slaughter houses are requiring them to be dead before you bring them in. http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/Sparkydv/Hunting%20Pictures/Hogs/MFDC5046_zps7civjkun.jpg

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p590/Sparkydv/Hunting%20Pictures/Hogs/MFDC5028_zps3sjct8wp.jpg
You can tell that's a dog caught hog by the chewed up ear. Someone decided I needed restocked.
View Quote
That's messed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top