Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 9:03:10 AM EDT
Possible answer to the "Bad Hog Meat" with blue fat for an old post from a California hunter.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/21/hunters-fight-so-called-feral-hog-apocalypse-in-texas.html

"Kaput Feral Hog Lure" is laced with Warfrin that causes the fat to turn blue.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#1]
seems that some are concerned that coyotes (presumably the four legged type) would be poisoned also, really? is that a downside?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly the science states it would take huge amounts to be lethal to other animals. I watched the video of the commissioner of the department of age speaking on it. They will require a certain feeder and an applicators licence. Seems like a way to sell feeders. Hogs are very smart, and if they figure out certain feeders equal death this will all be a joke. Texas spent $900k dollars each year for the past few years researching this. That seems like a lot to me. They should have used that money to put a bounty in every county on the pigs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Read the actual label for this crap

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Supposedly the science states it would take huge amounts to be lethal to other animals. I watched the video of the commissioner of the department of age speaking on it. They will require a certain feeder and an applicators licence. Seems like a way to sell feeders.
View Quote

If they don't think a family of coons can lift a 10-pound lid, I've got bad news.  Once the feeder gets stuck open, who knows what will wander in and feed from it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I read somewhere the feeder is $1200 Id be worried people are just going to buy it and dump it on the ground yah I know it requires a pesticide license but big deal every farmer I know has one here including myself cant imagine texas it much different
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't understand why we aren't going the sodium nitrite route.

It is way safer, more specific to pigs and dogs, and more humane.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
LOL, while googling this, my name came up in an article.  

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2014/06/21/usda-testing-sodium-nitrite-to-poison-feral-hogs-which-do-800m-damage-year-to.html

"The problem will never, ever end until they find a way to poison them," said Cy Brown of Carencro, Louisiana, a weekend hunter who estimates he has shot 300 to 400 a year for farmers.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top