Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2016 11:20:29 AM EDT
I never thought I would see the day where hogs would move into my area but they are here.  Here is one of many pictures I got over the summer.  I have tried hunting them at night with NV and a suppressed .300 BLK but I haven't had any luck.  I'm looking to trap them now.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a trap?  Thank you for your help.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Email sent
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Built our own box trap, but if you want larger results than 1 or 2 at a time, do a quick search on Google and you'll find good plans for essentially a corral style trap with one way door. You can still move it from location to location,  but it's more of a pain.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Good deal, thank you!
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
IM sent. Traps are definitely a tool in you're box for hog control.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell, it's not my money.  Go big and pony up for the Jager system.  

Remote video feed, remote trigger- catch them all at once.

Jager Pro Link
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hell, it's not my money.  Go big and pony up for the Jager system.  

Remote video feed, remote trigger- catch them all at once.

Jager Pro Link
View Quote

Pretty impressed with the Jager pro system.  Our first trapping event was last night after seeing this group the past 3 nights.

Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pretty impressed with the Jager pro system.  Our first trapping event was last night after seeing this group the past 3 nights.
View Quote

Well, what is the after action report?  How many were in the group and how many did you end up with in the trap?
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well, what is the after action report?  How many were in the group and how many did you end up with in the trap?
View Quote

We shot 4 outside the trap and we had 14 in it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure is Addictive! Our largest capture was 22 animals. But the Bull Creek looks a lot easier to set up than our Jager pro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top