Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2016 2:11:08 AM EDT
Night started off with a coyote at about 100 yards when I arrived on the property. 1 dead coyote. Then I get up the road to where I'm going to be and after a while I spot a hog coming across the field. He was bigger and farther away than I initially thought, so I don't think my lead was enough for the most part, but he took at least 3 hits. I found blood in the road about 200 yards from where I was shooting.. I had thought it was a smaller pig at 100 yds. Then the tracking began.. "I'll just be out there for an hour or two and I'll be in my truck most of the time. Shorts with my snake boots will be fine" ... Bad idea. Anyways. About 2 hours later and 200+ yards of trailing blood through some pretty thick stuff,I take a whiff and realize that I can smell this beast somewhere around.  Then I notice that I can hear him breathing heavily within 50 yds. So I follow my nose and ears carefully into position to see him trying to get up in the thermal and put one more in the head to finish him off. No scale. No tape measure. But he was a big pig.  Hands down easily bigger than a weighed 215 lb one I shot a while back.
https://youtu.be/AJIuoaLd4CI
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 4:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Good job bud. Thats a nice boar.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Good job on the boar, though.  What is the recorded video frame rate of that thermal scope?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Good hunt.   Hope you have many more.  Thanks for sharing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top