Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2016 4:10:55 PM EDT
Just got home from my Texas hog hunt. 5 of us took 8 hogs in 2 days. I got 2- a 230lb and a 205lb, both taken with a. 450 Bushmaster around 40yds. Both fell over DRT.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.

What part of Texas was the hunt at?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.

What part of Texas was the hunt at?
View Quote

Near Centerville, in between Dallas and Houston.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Langley?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you clean off the fur on those things or do you simply skin it and toss the hide?

Yes, sir I know I'm a stupid city guy so take the question for what it's worth....
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How do you clean off the fur on those things or do you simply skin it and toss the hide?

Yes, sir I know I'm a stupid city guy so take the question for what it's worth....
View Quote

You skin them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Langley?
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Langley ranch is one of the hidden jewels of Texas.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Langley ranch is one of the hidden jewels of Texas.
View Quote

We had a great time there. The owner is a really good guy and goes above and beyond to make sure you have a great hunt.

ETA: Already rebooked for next season.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you mind if I ask the cost?

ETA: I just found their website. I can't tell how many hunting acres they have available.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:45:31 AM EDT
[#10]
What did you think off the penetration with the .450bm? The first deer I took with mine was a hefty 8 point. It left me unimpressed. However I was in thick woods and could have hit a branch first. The second was a smaller buck shot in the face so not much to tell.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ETA: I just found their website. I can't tell how many hunting acres they have available.
View Quote

Not sure on total amount, we hunted 3 small sections from stands. It's all low fence wooded areas or open areas. At night we went out in his mule and spotlighted field like areas for them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What did you think off the penetration with the .450bm? The first deer I took with mine was a hefty 8 point. It left me unimpressed. However I was in thick woods and could have hit a branch first. The second was a smaller buck shot in the face so not much to tell.
View Quote

Neither were pass throughs. The first I found on the opposite side, it held together pretty well. The second fragmented and I only found a small piece.

I've got two other buddies that hunt with the .450, one says penetration sucks and the bullet comes apart right away, the other said it just zips right through. I guess I'll find out in November.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not sure on total amount, we hunted 3 small sections from stands. It's all low fence wooded areas or open areas. At night we went out in his mule and spotlighted field like areas for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any luck spotlighting?  TX hogs in my area scatter too quickly without NODs
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really, saw quite a few, but hard to get a shot on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top