Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2016 10:32:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#1]
You carry many things.  Now you also carry a drone.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Was that on a public land or private?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
They're watching you...
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Private, however in the state of FL it is illegal to use aircraft to herd animals so this was probably up to no good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Private, however in the state of FL it is illegal to use aircraft to herd animals so this was probably up to no good.

Why would you think someone was herding animals with it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing good will come of this.........
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nothing good will come of this.........
View Quote

True That! What did the camera have on it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]
It a DJI Flamewheel 450. worth about $300 or more depending on what is on it at the moment. It probably has a NAZA controller on it as well. They are notorious for fly-aways. (Google it) It can fly 15-20 minutes at 25+ miles per hour. The units are serial numbered and registered to the owner so they can be found and would most likely pay a reward to get it back. If not i'll take it off your hands. I had a buddy lose one in Alabama 1.5 years ago just like that one.

https://www.amazon.com/F450-Multicopter-Quadcopter-Motor-Propeller/dp/B008A4RGV4
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:Whilst doing some pig scouting I walked up on this.
View Quote

Well you lucky thing. All I ever run across are skads of those danged foil balloons people let loose in Charlotte.
They have enough gas to end up at our hunt club on the prevailing winds. Even found one with a note on it to call some
elementary school class. I called and told'em where it ended up and "Thanks for the garbage".   d:^)  Jake..
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It was on a hunting lease within a few hundred yards of a box blind, what else are you going to use a UAV for in such a location, try telling fish and game you're just recreationally flying around with it.

It doesnt take a seasoned UAV operator to figure that one out, probably went lost comm or the battery died too far out to locate and recover.
View Quote

Is using a drone to simply spot game illegal?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#13]
There is nothing illegal (or immoral) about using drones to spot or herd hogs on private property in Florida.
They are not considered game on private property.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Herding waterfowl with one would be a major bust.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It was on a hunting lease within a few hundred yards of a box blind, what else are you going to use a UAV for in such a location, try telling fish and game you're just recreationally flying around with it.
View Quote

Been using one to spot game, as well as trespassers for years. Don't assume it is illegal because you do not do it. Get this, we even use helicopters to count game, and shoot them.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:27:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What's the bag limit on these things in FL?
View Quote

One per day but you have to have a drone stamp.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Been using one to spot game, as well as trespassers for years. Don't assume it is illegal because you do not do it. Get this, we even use helicopters to count game, and shoot them.

<a href="http://s839.photobucket.com/user/Umbrarian/media/PhantomVision2/IMG_2152_zpsfd9066e6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/Umbrarian/PhantomVision2/IMG_2152_zpsfd9066e6.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s839.photobucket.com/user/Umbrarian/media/PhantomVision2/IMG_2152_zpsfd9066e6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz314/Umbrarian/PhantomVision2/IMG_2152_zpsfd9066e6.jpg</a>

I would love to see a video of that thing in action.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your going to run into issues with deer is the big thing to remember, hogs and deer are never far from eachother, private property or not, herding deer in the state of FL is a no go, even if you didnt set out to do it. Ive talked at length with FL FWC about this, they do not play around and will ticket you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is nothing illegal (or immoral) about using drones to spot or herd hogs on private property in Florida.
They are not considered game on private property.

Your going to run into issues with deer is the big thing to remember, hogs and deer are never far from eachother, private property or not, herding deer in the state of FL is a no go, even if you didnt set out to do it. Ive talked at length with FL FWC about this, they do not play around and will ticket you.

I'm not sure why you are so set on it being used for nefarious purposes.  If it was a fly away loss it could have started out miles away.

I've kicked around the idea to get a drone just to play with flying over fields and woods out where I live.  I certainly don't plan to try and 'herd' anything with it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Im quoting FL Law not Texas, anything goes in Texas, you can kill a man for stealing a plant off your porch and walk away scot free.
View Quote

Just like the Good Lord and John Wayne intended.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im quoting FL Law not Texas, anything goes in Texas, you can kill a man for stealing a plant off your porch and walk away scot free.

This!
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Gonna be a bitch to clean, but nice and crunchy once she's fried up.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Probably a "flyaway" someone lost control and it continued until battery died.  Report it to local law enforcement or FAA. It is an aircraft and it is supposed to be registered.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Probably a "flyaway" someone lost control and it continued until battery died.  Report it to local law enforcement or FAA. It is an aircraft and it is supposed to be registered.
View Quote

LOLWAT
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
LOLWAT
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOLWAT
LOL YEP.

Its considered an "aircraft" by the FAA now and requires a registration number on it.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LOL YEP.

Its considered an "aircraft" by the FAA now and requires a registration number on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOLWAT
LOL YEP.

No shit, you're right!

https://registermyuas.faa.gov/

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Take a photo of the electronics on board, you might be able to figure out the flight path depending on what flight control module was being used.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#31]
In for the outcome. Hope it was a fly away whose owner can be found and can repair it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:but thats what i get when my 300blk is in the shop and i dont want to deal with the weight of a .308.
View Quote

That's what a SCAR 17s is for.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Can't say about the trigger. Had a Geissele installed at the time of purchase and never tried the factory offering.
But yeah, I could see a "handy" l'il BLK being a good thing at those distances.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top