Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2016 6:03:19 PM EDT
Anyone here try using a 12ga semi with 00 buck or 000 buck to slaughter pigs?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on what method of attack you're planning it can be very effective, especially when there are a lot of piglets.  When we fly one of the two shooters usually has a 12g.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#2]
What choke and at what max distance are shots?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Full choke and 30 yards.  Are you exterminating or harvesting for food?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, depending on what the conditions are.  When crops are high things get really squirrely and rifles stop making sense.  Who cares if your max range is 40 yards when you can't see past 10.  :D
I've have a handful of multi kills in a a single shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEbW5iA_3Cg

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A project I had is to pimp out a pump gun for Night hunting with a Salvo 12 a laser and an extended tube and see what she can do.
View Quote

In the middle of one myself. Picked up a 15 C from you guys and am tapping the top of an older Browning A5 with an extended tube. Going to make stalking in the cut milo fields a new exciting venture.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
In the middle of one myself. Picked up a 15 C from you guys and am tapping the top of an older Browning A5 with an extended tube. Going to make stalking in the cut milo fields a new exciting venture.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A project I had is to pimp out a pump gun for Night hunting with a Salvo 12 a laser and an extended tube and see what she can do.

Its SOOO much more fun when it isn't cut yet.  :D

Also, rowed crops are super awesome when you have a UAV flying overhead.  Instead of guessing distance you can say, 3 rows over, walk north.  :D
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ryan, you need our go pro adapter to make some cool movies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ryan, you need our go pro adapter to make some cool movies.

Been using an iPhone adapter but it has trouble keeping the focus. Off to your site to check out the go pro. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like this Idea! I was thinking more along the lines of BB's or #4 buck for piglets.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I think my 3-gun Benelli would be a damn fine hog killer.  

12+1 rounds of 00 Buck on tap.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like to see pics of this.  Found a Belgian A5 that needs a stock for $300.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#13]
When getting really close, using a shotgun is a good choice. Just caught a bunch of pigglies out in the rice field.
All I could see was the rice moving and couldn't see anything until they made it to the road.
Was overun by the pigs, got caught with the plug in my 870 Rem.  
More pigs than shells. The extender tubes being talked about here make sense.
Anyone with experience using an extender on a 870 want to give some advice?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Anyone with experience using an extender on a 870 want to give some advice?
View Quote
No advice needed.

Pull the plug, drill the dimples, add the extension and go have fun!

I have an 870 that I trimmed the barrel to 21" to match either a +2, or +3 extension,(I forget) and added rifle sights.

At 40', with those cheapo translucent white OO shells, it throws a fist sized pattern, and will pass clean through the engine room of anything smaller than 50 or 60 pounds.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm gunna have to get my buddy with his super fancy drone to outfit it with night vision. Anyone know if hunting(scouting) with a drone has been legislated anywhere?
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone know if hunting(scouting) with a drone has been legislated anywhere?
View Quote

The feds were frowning on it a while back, don't know if they figured it out in the new UAV regs yet or not.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#17]
No advice needed.
View Quote

So they're all about the same functional wise?
I'll pick-up a mid range priced one then and be ready next time.
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top