Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2016 11:47:20 PM EDT
So I was planning on going to Ft. Stewart but I just found that you can only use small game weapons there until big game season. That's pretty stupid. I was told by GA game office they didn't follow state rules there. I see that not accurate information.
Anyways I'm still looking to get a hunt going for your people. Any recommendations for private land to lease in GA or SC?
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Go on the Ft Stewart website. From what I read, they pretty much allow big game firearms year round for hogs in certain areas outside of turkey season.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go on the Ft Stewart website. From what I read, they pretty much allow big game firearms year round for hogs in certain areas outside of turkey season.
View Quote

I found a place already. They don't allow any gun at Ft. Stewart. They follow the state laws. I do think that's a change though because I hunted there years ago and I don't think it was like that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
From what their website says, certain training areas are open year round for big game firearms. I'm guessing something must have changed. Not that it matters now, but it could be worth a call to the game office for verification in the future.

It's in Appendix C of this policy letter:

http://www.stewart.army.mil/540/docs/policy_letter_sop.pdf
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Took this from their web site:

I just got off the phone with their DNR. You can use center fire rifle after turkey season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top