Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 11:18:42 PM EDT
So getting ready for a hog hunting trip,in the past have always used 308 as it was more of a chase and firepower game.this trip is more of a wait and shoot like deer hunting from a stand.
I've had the bushmaster a couple years and never shot anything but paper and in this case the 10 round capacity will not hurt anything.shooting will be in the 80-100yd range.
So do I take old trusty 308 or should I give the 450 a shot?

Pete
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
If you don't use the 450 for that situation...why have it :)  I say go for it and have fun!
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#2]
That 308 is more than enough gun. I use 30-30 or 5.56. Hell, I've even stabbed them to death.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That 308 is more than enough gun. I use 30-30 or 5.56. Hell, I've even stabbed them to death.
View Quote

I've used the 308 on many hunts,it is pleanty of gun,but the boars are tough and the 450 is packing a heavy bullet might lead to a drt rather than a chase.

I've never hunted with the 450 as it was better to have a 308 before to share ammo if necessary in the small towns in Texas,not like 450 bushmaster is in the shelf at the hardware store.

Pete
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:35:26 AM EDT
[#4]
As has been stated the 308 is more than adequate.  The 450 is even more adequate.  If you shoot the bushy as well as the 308, or very close, then go for the big bore.  But then I have a passion for the big bore AR.  Own 2 458's and am looking into the 375.  It is a matter of what you want to shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top