Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2015 9:01:04 AM EDT
I'm giving up my EOTech EXPS 3.0 during the buy back so I need something new.  This will be on a 9" SBR in .300blk.  I was originally thing the vcog but the guys at the optic thread do not like it for various reasons but the primary is weight.  I thought maybe an ACog with the .300 reticle and an rmr on top.  They also brought up the nxs 1-4.  I have a pvs-14 that sat behind he EOTech because I cannot do a helmet mount.  What do you guys think would be best?  I might give up the pvs-14 but assuming I don't, what works?  This gun was built specifically for hogs so that is why I'm unsure of what to do.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a 4x  ACOG with appropriate reticle would be pretty handy.

Also I'd point you towards something like a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x33. I love mine.

I don't know about you but the hogs I come across can be out pretty far or pretty close seemingly at random.

On a clear night I can see through both those optics pretty darn easily. PVS-14 would be handy to use as a monocular.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Just get a Aimpoint pro. The pvs14 will work behind it. I don't see much need for magnification on a 8" barreled gun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get a Aimpoint pro. The pvs14 will work behind it. I don't see much need for magnification on a 8" barreled gun.
View Quote

I use this set up.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  Appreciate the input
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the 3x 300BLK ACOG and an T-1 on my 9" 300BLK guns.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Another vote for this at any rangeessential than 50y. Clharr has no problem hitting the right spot further out, but I need mag to feel comfortable doing it. I know I shouldn't,  but there it is.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I vote aimpoint micro or aimpoint PRO and a DBAL I2 if you need to shoot at night. I hate magnified optics on small SBR's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top